Our first official shoot was based on a “day in the life of Sarah Studer”. It was a pretty typical Saturday for me – we set out early in the morning with an ambitious agenda but then I quickly discovered that filming life is not as easy as simply living life. There are all sorts of things that must be taken into account. Here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- I must to remember to pause and introduce every single location when we arrive – and then outroduce (is that a word?) them every time we leave. If I don’t, Greg will make me walk back through the doorway repeatedly until I get it right and I will feel very silly. Nail it the first time so we can get a move on!
- It is important to be a good host and tell the camera everything about where we are, what we are doing, and what I’m thinking along the way (and then pray that only the relevant parts make it into the final edit).
- That darn camera captures everything and it turns out that everyone who has called me a brat over the years might be on to something – I have a bit of an attitude! Must keep that in check.
- Remember to turn the microphone back on, no matter how many margaritas you consume! We missed out on a lot of really funny stuff towards the end of the day.
All of that aside, it was a really fun day and I’m excited to share it with you – enjoy the episode and check out the full list of places we visited below!
- Makeup refresh at the NARS Cosmetics counter at Nordstrom
- Take a ride to the Seattle Center via the Seattle Monorail
- Have lunch at Skillet Counter in the Seattle Center Armory
- TomboyX photo shoot with the talented Shena Lee
- Drink margaritas at Barrio Mexican Kitchen + Bar
- And of course, ride with Uber!